We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Monday, 28 June 2010

I am back!

Well I haven't blogged for a while now and I finally have a new battery charger back so I can take lovely photos again and post away!

So catch up... The weather has been blooming lovely so we have been very busy doing lots of lovely stuff.  Liz and Carl got married on Monday, so we met up on the beach in the afternoon, it was really nice to go down to the beach at 3 o'clock as the hottest part of the day had passed.  The kids all had a great time playing around together.  The north coast has had a recent wash up of these little purple and orange jellyfish, they don't sting but the beach was littered with them (I didn't have my camera unfortunatley)  Reuben wasn't too sure about them but Rowan loved them, he now wants to make a big jellyfish to keep under water in the garden!

Last week was National Breastfeeding week, so our support group had a little do, we had planned to get a group of trainee nail ladies in but they cancelled at the last minute, so I did some aromatherapy hand massages instead, which went down really well, I have even managed to sell some homemade creams!

The rest of the week has passed in the form of sunny days in the garden. Here are some pictures...
The veggies are coming on lovely, courgettes are flowering, the strawberries are ripening, the potatoes are ready for eating, the rhubarb is still going crazy and the herb wall is going great aswell, the lavender is about to burst into full purpley loveliness and the feverfew has just opened its delicate little flowers too.



This is Sandy Lane our scarecrow, guarding Rowans lone squash plant, that is all he wanted to plant in their veggy patch as he wanted the rest of the room for digging and mud pie making!
Our daily rhythm is working out quite well,on our baking day this week we made jam tarts, they look huge in this photo but they were tiny and lasted all of about 30 minutes!

The boys have been having great fun with the paddling pool in the sunshine, inventing different games to play in it, they used to put the slide in it when they were smaller but they are getting a bit too big for it now and almost bursting through the pool!

Lovely sunny days and loads of stuff to do is great but I am still feeling worn out, Rowan has been particulary unsetteld these last few days (full moon, heat and non stop stuff to do) and I am feeling drained and unconnected, but I will blog about this another time aswell as add more photos from the weekend.

1 comment: