We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Friday, 18 June 2010

A whirlwind full of pigs and bees!

Well time to catch up me thinks....
Life has been super crazy these last few weeks, I feel like I'm in a whirlwind and I can't catch my breath!

I am not really sure what has been happening to make me feel so tired.

First of all, my assignment. It is finished, handed in and awaiting marking! Phew, thats a huge weight off my shoulders, loads more to do, but the fiirst one is done, Yey!

Then, I think the kids just have so many things to do.  since getting involved with the home education network here, the boys have so much to do.  Whoever said home educated kids didn't socalise! 
Over the last couple of weeks we have been to a National Trust heritage farm for an open day, where we got to see sheep being sheared, then the wool being spun, then they got to make felt braclets from some previously spun and dyed wool.  It was a really great day.  Rowan was particulary taken with Mabel the pig.  She is no ordinary pig mind you, and we were told she was big but nothing prepares you for the immense size of this lovely pig, she was HUGE!  Rowan was puzzeled as to how she could see, as her ears covered her eyes, then he said, "I know, she has got little eyes in her ears!"

Then this week we went to a local bee farm, well its a local beekeeper who welcomed us on his land and told us all about beekeeping.  He even had extra suits for us to go and have a look in a hive.  I didn't get a chance to as I was with Reuben, but Rowan went and loved it.  He has since told me all about the queen bee, "she is really fat and makes all the babies".

Rowan and his friend as beekeepers.  This is the only photo this week, as we are still without a camera



I am not sure what else we have been doing, so why on earth am I so worn out!  We have been aiming to go swimming once a week, usually on a Sunday with Tristan.  Rowan has moved from armbands to noodle float and is so confident and proud of himself.  Unfortunatly, Reuben wants to take off his armbands too!

Tristan has been working loads recently aswell, but he has a whole two and a half days off this weekend, so we are all looking forward to a lovely weekend; tomorrow Rowans preschool is having a summer fair, with cocnut shy and splat-a-rat (Rowan is so excited about splat a rat!), then for Fathers Day we are going for another swim and roasty dinner, then on Monday some friends are getting married, so we are going to local beach bar for drinks. 

I do love the summer, loads of things to do with lovely people, I just wish there were a few more hours in the day!

1 comment: