We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.
Thursday, 31 March 2011
Gammy - he or she?
So Gammy, our chook with the gammy legs is possibly a cockeral!
Unfortunatley he will have to go if he is, as our relationship with the neighbours isn't the best, a crowing cockeral will add fuel to the fire!
Not a great shot of Gammy, but next to Big Mama, you can see how different he/she looks
I just looked it up and BO's don't have the big plummage that we have on our cockerels so yes I think very possibly she's a he! Has he got spurs on the back of his legs? I never thought to look the other day. If he is then he'll start crowing soon.
Er yeah hun, that's a cockeral.
ReplyDeleteWell the chook man assured us he was a she, just had a dodgy walk. But over the last week he has developed! Oops!
ReplyDeleteI just looked it up and BO's don't have the big plummage that we have on our cockerels so yes I think very possibly she's a he! Has he got spurs on the back of his legs? I never thought to look the other day. If he is then he'll start crowing soon.
ReplyDeleteI bet your chook man has a read face now - cos gammy is very obviously a cockeral.
ReplyDeleteNo spurs yet! Going back tomorrow though!
ReplyDelete