Well we had a nice chilled out weekend, a friends birthday party, a trip to see some camels, fixing up the chicken house, finally finding the chooks we want (they come next Saturday).
Then yesterday afternoon Rowans snotty cold moved to his chest, a little cough makes an appearance and then last night his breathing became very fast again. So after an appointment at the docs, which I thought we would go straight home from, we ended up being transferred to hospital with Rowan having an asthma attack, his oxygen levels were very low and his heartrate really high.
He has been admitted for the night. He was doing much better when I left but still needing regular oxygen. Tris is there with him tonight. I am worn out and need to sleep but am also wide awake with worry!
He hasn't had any asthma for so long that I thought it had gone away, but alas it is still there :(
:( Poor Rowan.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried seeing a homeopath for his asthma - my friend's little one was in a similar state to Rowan, but after a year of regular homeopath appointments they've been able to scale back his medication considerably & keep it (mostly) under control.
Hope you manage to settle tonight. I know how horrible it is leaving them in hospital x
Thanks Liz,
ReplyDeleteWe have seen a homeopath and we thought it was working, but there is no build up to an attack and they happen so infrequently that no one can quite work out quite what the trigger is. Fortunalty he doesn't have regular medication. But then its huge doses when it happens :(
Thanks again, must go to bed now!
Michelle x
Hope he is on the mend soon. I think it is possible for the trigger to be illness itself, as if there is a weakness on the chest. Ds3 was very much like that, but "touch wood" he hasn't been ill for a couple of years now.
ReplyDeleteHoping you are all back together tomorrow.
Thinking of you all Michelle xxxx
ReplyDelete