We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Thursday, 15 March 2012

Getting organised

Some weeks I get to Friday and think 'oh my goodness, its the end of the week and I didn't get to do this, this and that'  and my days seem to get sucked into making food and cleaning up whilst the boys play.
I am lucky in the fact that *most* of the time Rowan and Reuben get on really well and are quite happy to play away a whole day together with very little intervention from a grown up.
But then it is easy for me to slip into, I'll just do that whilst the boys are happy, then the next thing on my list and then its time for tea!
So I have been trying to get more organised and by golly I think its working!  I am making a weekly list of things I want to do with the boys, as well as my usual housey to do list.

As well as more lists I have cut out wheat and sugar and feel so much more energetic and I have lost loads of weight too, which has helped with my motivation

Here are a random few photos from over the last week

The chooks have started laying lots of eggs again, and these ones had faces on when I came to cook with them on Sunday!

Rowans making pictures with his cuisenaire rods - this is a man and his house, I love the fact that the house is so much smaller than the man!

Rowan baking muffins

Our wheat free delights!  Spelt bread and banana and cinamon muffins (using spelt and date syrup) mmmmmmmmm!

Rowan loves the computer.  We now have rules around computer usage, but both boys seem happier knowing when they can and can't use it
Rowan deep in thought whilst modelling with clay

Rowans man on a rock - I know I'm biased, but I love it!

Dried up clay hands

Crazy baker Reuben!  Reu loves to bake, if he is upset you can usually console him by going to the kitchen and letting him stir something.

Lentil letters

After the success of Rowans first lapbook, he now wants to do a second one, this time on the olypmics


I feel that I have to justify the lack of Reuben photos, its only because he is at nursery when Rowan does his home school work, which most of these photos are and when they are together they are lost in a world of lego and superheroes and I can't keep up!

1 comment:

  1. Surely the man is near, and the house is far away?! Lovely to see you back blogging again Michelle.

    ReplyDelete