We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Crikey! Australia Zoo


We thought it was about time we did one of the big tourist attractions around here and thought about going down to the Gold Coast (about a 2 hour drive) to one of the theme parks, but as Tris had work on Monday we though we would do one closer to home.  So Australia Zoo it was. 

Australia Zoo is run by the Urwin family continuing Steve Irwin’s dream of protecting wildlife.  It is only 15 minutes away from where we are staying at the moment, so it was the perfect day out.

It is a large zoo, full of Australian, Asian and a few African animals.  We saw kangaroos, koalas, crocs, lizards, snakes, otters, wombats, dingoes, Tasmanian devils, echidnas, giant tortoises, camels (did you know that Australia is not a native home to camels but due to them being imported back in the gold rush days it is now the only place where wild camels exsist and they now import them to Saudi Arabia!  How mad is that!), elephants, tigers, giraffes and a rhino.

There was loads to keep everyone happy and we spent the whole day there.  There was loads of stroking of furry things to keep Reuben happy and there was loads of scaly things to keep Rowan happy!

Reuben has already asked if we can go again!

I think the photos will say more than I can.  Although, can you believe it, we went to Steve Irwin’s zoo and came away with no croc photos!  

These water dragons were wild, running all around the zoo

The otters were the first thing we saw, the boys LOVED them.  Reuben said he wants an otter and Rowan wants to be one!

I must admit, they did look like they were having awesome fun


One of the many creatures the boys stroked, a python of some sort


Reu went up to the lady with the baby croc and instead of stroking it he wanted to hold it

In a zoo full of weird and wonderful aussie animals, Reuben was happy stroking sheep!


We bought some Roo food and went off to feed them.  A lot of people do this so some of the roos were just too full up to eat





This one was sleeping in this funny position



Bugger!  I have been saving this post until I get time to put on the rest of the photos, but now I have reached my limit!  I think I need to pay to upgrade my account, but I need to look into it.  So I will post up these photos and hopefully sort it out to put more up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment