15 years ago I was 18 years old and I met Tristan at a party in a friends field. We were both into the ‘rave scene’ and became good friends. A year later we decided to take our relationship a stage further. We were already living in shared house together amongst other friends, who were all into the same things. We used to party hard, we had lots of fun but soon realised there was more to life, so we moved on together.
Last New Years Eve, I went out for the first time in 3 years to a party/rave, beforehand we met up with some old friends. One of these friends has a 2 year old daughter, who lives in another part of the country. He was talking of his split with her mum, when he said that they realised, when out of the stupor they had been in whilst they met and got together, that they had nothing in common and didn’t actually get on. This really struck me, so many of our friends have all got into relationships under the same circumstances and we were no different, but so few of them come right through that and settle into ‘normal’ life together enjoying each others company.
So I feel blessed that even though life was a haze back then I managed to find my soul mate, my lover, my husband and father of my children and still 14 years later we still enjoy each others company as much as we did then.
Happy Anniversary Tristan xx
How Lovely! Ash and I met at 18 and have been together for 24 years too!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary :)
oopps, excuse typing error that should read 14 years obviously!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! I did think, crickey you don't look that old! ;)
ReplyDelete