Well April passed in another blur and May is almost gone too! Life seems to be a bit of a whirlwind at present and no sooner has a week started than it has ended and it is next week already! I honestly don’t know how people manage to work when they have children, how on earth do you get anything done?
So what have we been doing? The boys have been full of energy, we have had two birthdays, visited museums, home ed group trips out, gardening and I have been feeling so tired by the time the evening gets here when the boys are all tucked up in bed and all my jobs are done (well, not all of them, that would be the day!) all I can do is sit in my armchair with a cup of chamomile tea, so blogging has taken a break.
But this last week, all birthdays over, I have rested (after a weekend of being so tired and poorly all I could do was sleep) and I feel the need to get all the photos off the camera and get up to date. Tris has gone away for a week on a walking holiday with some friends to the Isle of Skye and the Caladonian forest, so I have the computer all to myself.
Here is a mishmash of Aprils antics...
 |
| Rock pool ramble at St Agnes with the Cornwall wildlife trust, Rowan and I caught a blenny! |
|
 |
| Tris and Reuben caught a little crab |
 |
| Rowan eating an ice cream whilst sitting on a whale vertebrae |
 |
| Good Friday Cockle picking. Rowan being buried in the sand whilst we waitied for the tide to go out. |
 |
| Tis an bit of a tradition to head to certain beaches around the Helford for a bit of cockle and mussel picking on Good Friday. After a bit of confusion as to which beach we were meant to be going to, we turned up amongst hundreds to search the sandy/muddy banks as the tide went out to look for cockles. The cockles were a bit hard to find, whereas the mussels, well there were so many that if they weren't bigger than the palm of your hand you had to throw them back. We went back to a freinds that evening and cooked them all up, very nice to! it was a lovley family fun day out with free food to boot! |
 |
| Leaving nests out for the easter bunny |
 |
| Wow, teeny, tiny, shiny eggs! (Rowan left his nest in the woodstore and I put in 5 little shiny wrapped chocolate eggs before going to bed and when we got up in the morning his were all gone! Fortunatley I went out before him and I hadn't eaten all of the left over ones the night before!) |
 |
| Don't my children look happy first thing in the morning! I think this was "Mum, just let us eat the eggs and stop taking photos!" |
 |
| A trip to Glendurgan gardens on Easter Monday for an easter egg trail |
 |
| Gnarly trees and bluebells |
 |
| Rowan and his friend seeing if they could reach around the big old tree |
 |
| In these gardens there is a big old maze, Rowan was so excited about going into a real maze and he was so good at it, he didn't get lost once (unlike Tris!) |
 |
| Give the boy a map and a stick and he is ahppy! |
 |
| The bluebell fairy |
 |
| Learning to forage |
 |
| And loving it |
 |
| Reuben getting his dose of vitamin D |
 |
| Easter face painting |
No comments:
Post a Comment