So what have we been doing? Tris came back from Scotland after climbing mountains through blizzards and generally having a great time. The boys were very excited to wake up in the morning to come into my room and find Daddy in bed.
We went to the Fal River festival, which was very busy, we caught the end of a puppet show, which we saw last year but it is very funny and the boys really love it, and we popped into the maritime museum again, but it was bit too packed and full of half term kids and activites.
We went to a local PYO farm and picked some strawberries, very yummy. rowan was very serious in his role as cheif strawberry picker and wouldn't eat any as they were to take home, whereas Reu didn't want to put any in the basket 'no these are for my tummy!'
We went to an inflatable session at the swimming pool where Rowan overcame yet more fears and went on a big inflatable crocodile thing and went down a big slide into deep water and loved it. His swimming has come on so much. I have been making sure we go every week and he absolutley loves it, I am still amazed at how confident in the water he is - Its great!
We have been meeting up weekly at our home ed group, but most weeks it has just been us and Rowans best friend, which is fun but not what we hoped for. We have, however, managed to organise a lot of trips out this term which so far seem to be popular.
Yesterday we went to the Royal Cornwall Show, which is the biggest agricultural show here in the year. Again, I didn't take my camera, but I hope to get some photos from my friend. We all had a great day, apart from frequently losing Rowan (he has gone from never leaving your side to seeing something and just wandering off to it). We saw a motorbike stunt show, which i think was the highlight for the older boys and we also saw the chooks, goats, bees, rabbits and lots of tractors and the biggest machines ever!
So that about all we have been doing. I have been trying to be more relaxed with the children recently, which I think is making life a bit easier, but I think I will watch this space before commenting too much on that!
| Rowan in the maritime museum |
| But we were all very impressed with the finished Octopod. It has been played with loads |
| Oh, and of course our clever chooks need a mention - they are all layers now! |
We were down your neck of the woods at half term, and also went to the maritime museum. We loved it! I have a similar picture of Alec in the life boat gear! But their favourite bit by far was sailing the boats on the boating lake! If only I'd realised you were around there, perhaps we could have met up!
ReplyDeleteThats a shame we didn't meet up. Rowan is yet to go on the remote boats as we didn't have any spare money, but we have a years pass so its the first thing he plans on doing when we next go.
ReplyDelete