I know July hasn't finished yet, but here is this months antics so far........
 |
| A Teenage ninja turtle and his sidekick taking apart a broken bubble machine to see how it worked! |
 |
| Rowan has a long list of experiments and activities he would like to do from his encyclopedia, this week it was Prehistoric Landscape |
 |
| The finished product. He was very proud to have put rocks from Nannys drive in there! ("I knew he must be collecting them for some reason", she said!) |
 |
| Beautiful sunset from our garden |
 |
| The same evening |
 |
| First harvest, carrots, onions and wet garlic |
 |
| Monster Rhubarb! |
 |
| Al fresco painting |
 |
| Sandpit fun |
 |
| This is the chickens favorite spot in this warm weather, they have dug the grass out from under the bush and created their own dust bath. Everyday when I pick the laundry in they are laid out throwing dust under their wings having a good old roll around! |
 |
| A day at the beach - a lovely little cove that only locals know about. It was busy this weekend, about 10 groups down there, just how we like it! |
 |
| Rowan and Tristan have a new hobby - Rock climbing. Tristan has started a course at a local indoor climbing centre with my brother and some friends. So whenever we go out for a walk he starts looking for boulders to climb. Then Rowan starts joining in and then decided that he would like to have a go at bouldering at the centre. He loved it, but was very certain that he did not want to go anywhere near the ropes and harnesses, but he would like to go freeclimbing on the boulders every week. So the second week going, he tells Tristan which wall he wants to climb and up he goes, no worries. |
 |
| Rowan is an extremly cautious child, he has only really started wanting to climb trees and other high things and jump off recently. So when he climbs he thinks very seriously about every move before he makes it, this is proving to be an excellent skill when rock climbing. |
 |
| Big carrots! I have never had any luck with carrots. I never know why, but every year I try and they allude me. But not this year, look at that beauty! I am very excited. Sad, I know, but it is very exciting for me! |
 |
| We are really enjoying our harvests this year, this lot became a lovely salad with omlettes from the chooks, backyard meals, I like it! |
 |
| Two cheeky pixies - in the veggy patch eating the peas! |
 |
| A trip to Truro museum to see the new exhibition proved to be great fun. It was full of knights costumes from films, like Gladiator and stuff like that. I am not really into epic, battle films, so I didn't really know about the films they were from, but you could try some of the bits on. Really heavy helmets and sheilds. And of course there were costumes for the kids too! When looking at these photos earlier I couldn't work out which knight this was until I looked at the next photo.. |
 |
| Sir Reuben |
 |
| Sir Rowan |
 |
| And of course, there had to be a battle! |
Great month's worth of pictures Michelle. The cafe at our sports centre looks onto the climbing wall, and we love to sit and watch the lessons. The tutor is very good and it is a pleasure to hear his coaching.
ReplyDeleteJames loved Rowan's volcano and wants to make one right now!
xx