We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Thursday, 28 July 2011

Sports Day

Even though Rowan and Reuben are home educated they still had a chance to join in on 2 Sports Days this year.  Reuben wasn't up for joining in, but Rowan loved it.  He was not bothered at all about winning, he just loved running with the other children!  He would happily run along with a huge, silly smile on his face!  I am gutted I didn't get any photos, I was too busy cheering!

Anyway the first Sports Day was at Rowans old waldorf-ish preschool, he took part in everything he could and happily received a gold medal for taking part (now a prized possesion)

Then we held one at our home ed group.  It ended up with only 3 of them wanting to race, Rowan was up against his best friend and another girl his age.  They were both very determined to win and did win most races, Rowan happily coming in last.  Until the dressing up race that is...  The other 2 were so set on winning they couldn't get dressed as they were rushing and then there was Rowan, slowly and calmly getting dressed as he went along the track, not caring if he won or not, then he ambled across the finish line fully clothed, whilst everyone else was in a pickle!  It was a real case of the Tortoise and The Hare!

No comments:

Post a Comment