We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Rowan's First Day At School

Today Rowan has started school.  He was so excited this morning before leaving.  We are making it a special day for him, so he got to choose everyone's breakfast - chocolate spread sandwiches and chocolate milk!  And we will be having pizza for tea and ice cream with, you guessed it, chocolate sauce!
He has been so looking forward to it so much, counting down the days.


We got there and he went into his class all smiles and eager to join in, giving us all big kisses and cuddles.  Unfortunately we didn't know that they have a surf life saving lesson today and he needs his swimmers.  So I had to run back and get them for him.  When I returned he was very upset and wanted to come home :(  I think he was upset as he didn't know about the beach lesson and he likes to prepare for things like that.  So I had to leave him crying.  Hopefully he will have a good day.  He was so looking forward to it aswell.

UPDATED...........
I had been phoning up the school throughout the day to check in on him and they said he was doing ok.  
So at 2.30 we all went to pick him up.  He ran to us and gave us all a big hug and when asked, "How was your first day at school?"  He replied, "Cool, Well at first I was sad, but then it was cool!".
Phew!
I spoke to the teacher before we left and she said he went to the beach but not in the sea, which is fine and then after lunch they had computers!  No wonder he had cheered up!
So now he is relaxing watching some TV before a jump in the pool!

 

1 comment: