After our morning walking to the waterfall we decided to go to Tintagel to walk to the castle. We did wonder if it would be too much walking for Rowan, but the sun was shining and he showed no worries about more walking. So off we went!
To get to the castle (which is ruins - something I didn't realise!) you have to go through the entrance, courtyard area and cross to the island where the castle once stood. The view across made me feel a bit sick! I don't really have a fear of heights like that but when crossing bridges and steep cliffs with two small children it makes my tummy go a bit funny. Rowan on the other hand showed no fear whatsoever and loved it, someone commented that he will be climbing mountains when he is older, as some of the steps are really big!
Reuben is looking grumpy in these photos because he really didn't want to be in the sling. But there was no way he was getting out, not until it was a bit safer!
This beach is where Merlins cave is, and Rowan spotted another waterfall too
Rowan loves to collect 'treasure' whenever we walk, this was his treasure put into a neat line in one of the steps on the island!
Reu was finally free of the sling or arms and could climb. Boy this boy loves to climb, run and jump!

We walked all over the island, looking at the ruins of the old castle. The boys liked the well and tunnel (cold store) best. Rowan couldn't quite grasp the concept that there once stood a great castle, he kept saying that it hasn't been built yet!
We have lots of photos just like these as we visited Tintagel castle when Mia was 8 months old!
ReplyDeleteGina xx
Ohhhh that brings back memories when I visited Tintagel five years ago. I stayed a week I think in my espace with the mattress thrown in the back lol.
ReplyDeleteI didn't attempt the walk to the castle tho.. I am terrified of heights.. mind went back when I was pregnant with Rye and my then ex tried to make me... but as just walking to up to the bit where you pay had me huffing and puffing, there was no chance I was going any further lol.
Anyway, glad you had fun :-)