We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Friday, 30 April 2010

My Grandads rhubarb

The rhubarb that is planted in our veggie patch used to belong to my Grandad.  He passed away 6 years ago.  He only had a small garden but he loved looking after his rhubarb, every summer we would have loads of rhubarb crumble.  When I moved out of home he would always wrap me up a parcel of rhubarb in some newspaper. So when he moved on to the spirit world I was chuffed to recieve his rhubarb crowns.

They are doing really well this year, they apparently love a cold winter. 

So this week Rowan and I pulled off the first stalks of the year and made a very yummy Rhubarb and Ginger crumble.

I am so pleased that my children can share a bit of the delight that my Grandad had in growing this rhubarb, especially as they never met him.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks delicious and how wonderful for your boys to share a little of your grandad's joy.

    Michelle, I really love your blog, such gentle happy family photos, very inspiring :)

    Blessings
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gina, that means a lot coming from someone I find so inspiring :)

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete