On 2nd August (5 months and 2 days after my application was submitted) I received the email I had been waiting for.....My visa, Whoop Whoop! I am now officially a permanent resident of Australia.
Tris and the boys all have their Aussie passports now too.
So the time came to get booking, Flights are now booked, the removals are booked too and now all the accomodation is booked as well.
We fly to Kuala Lumpur and have a stopover for 3 nights, then onto Brisbane for 3 nights, then up to the Sunshine Coast to our new life. We have accommodation booked for 4 weeks, that should give us time to get work, work out which suburbs we like, find somewhere to live, get the boys booked into school to start in January and have fun too!
We have been clearing out the house and garden, dump trip after dump trip. It is amazing how much c**p you accumulate when you live somewhere for 5 years! We have car booted and the house is starting to look quite bare, still loads more to go though, but we are getting there.
No comments:
Post a Comment