We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Thursday, 13 May 2010

Big Trees, White Pebbles and Stingrays!


 Well another busy week flies by, so a bit of a catch up.

We went to Bournemouth last week, as I was attending an NHS breastfeeding conference (I am studying a diploma in breastfeeding counselling).  So we all went away for a couple of days.  On the way up we made a detour to see the Oldest and Largest Yew tree (probably any tree) in England.  It is in a churchyard in Ashbrittle, Devon.  It was horrible weather when we went there, so the photos are not that great but you kind of get an idea of how large it is.  It was amazing, it had 7 stems and was so wide, you could walk in and out of it.  They reckon its over 3000 years old.

Rowan doesn't like to get wet trousers!

Bournemouth was fun. We spent an evening on the beautiful beach, collecting pure white pebbles (something we don't get in Cornwall!).  

The following day I went off to be inspired and learn, and the boys had a Daddy Day!  They all had great fun, visiting aquariums (Rowan was well chuffed he had seen a sting ray!), playing mini golf, and going surfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment