We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Thursday, 20 May 2010

Our Garden - A place of calm

Recently I have been feeling overwhelmed with life, children, housework, college etc, etc.  Felling like there is not enough time in the day to keep everyone happy, let alone get everything done.  When feeling like this I end up getting less done than normal because I am running around being grumpy mama not seeing what is actually going on!

This happens every so often, and its almost like I need it to happen for me to stop and take stock of my life.  I would love to have all the time in world to do lovely, creative projects with the boys everyday and go out for wonderful walks, make beautiful nutritious meals everyday, have a clean and tidy house, have a garden weed free and full of everything that is supposed to be in the ground by now and be on top of my college work!  BUT thats not real life, thats definatley not my life.  My life is crazy, hectic but then also sometimes chilled out!  Full of stories, walks, random projects with the kids, a bit of housework, gardening, cooking and studying, and lots of lists!

The other day in the garden I sat on the step and watched my two beautiful free spirits play together lovingly, happy as skylarks, the sun was not shining, I was not planting stuff or working in some way and the kids were not being entertained (well by an adult anyway), but it was lovely.  Everyone was happy, the flowers are looking beautiful and I realised that I love my life the way it is. 

These are a few shots from that day;
Reuben digging the mulch pile
Rowan being a robot flowerpot man
Our fairy garden has turned into a fairy jungle!
And our beautiful clematis blooming so that every time you walk into the garden you get a lovely sweet scent drift around you

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post, Thank you :) I needed to read that today!

    Love Gina xx

    ReplyDelete