We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Thursday, 20 May 2010

Bluebells and Bikes

The real bluebells are out in full force in our local woods.  They never fail to stun me in how amazingly magical they look, a beautiful mist of purple sweeping through the woods.

We went to the woods for Reuben to have his first proper bike ride on his new bike, he was very excited, I think he was more excited to wear his helmet though!

Rowan went zooming off on his bike, Reu was very cautious, saying "Rowan go fast, I not go fast, I don't fall off!"  And he plodded along not even sitting on the seat, but after a while of watching Rowan he started to sit on the seat and even had a little zoom down a 'ramp'.  It really won't be long until he is flying along.

As for Rowan I didn't realise how good he was on his bike, I think he is pretty much ready for pedals (although will have to wait for his birthday). 
During the winter in this part of the woods, someone had built a shelter, which we have named the Bears House (although no bears live in it, Rowan assures me!).  We wanted to find the bears house but it looks like another world in there, as the last time we came there was no leaf on the trees.  So we didn't find it, but that didn't matter, Rowan and Reuben played a good game of mountain rescue in the muddy puddles!





No comments:

Post a Comment