We are me; Mummy, otherwise known as Michelle, Big chickpea; Daddy, otherwise known as Tristan, Medium chickpea; Rowan and Baby chickpea Reuben. This blog was started as I thought I was starting to loose track of all the amazing day to day things my children learn and how we grow as a family. It is also here to keep family and friends up to date with our adventure of moving our life from the UK to Australia.



Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Rowan and Reuben start school


Today is day 3 of our first proper school year and so far so good, but I shall start at the beginning….

On Tuesday morning Reuben was up and in his uniform by 6am eager and excited.  Rowan also got up and dressed with no problems.  Rowan had been quite apprehensive about going back to school as his memories from the last term were not so good, but after a few chats about his worries he was feeling good about going.

So all dressed up in their little shirts, shorts and hats they both went into their classrooms, meet their teachers and settled in.  Tristan had a couple of hours off from work to help to settle them in with me, which was great. 

Then that was it, Tris went to work, my babies were happy in their classes and I felt like I had lost an arm!  What a weird feeling.  I have been at home being mummy now for almost 7 years, it feels very strange to be without a little person around, very quite and unusual.

So I have volunteered to work in the tuck shop on Tuesday mornings, which is great as it gives me something to do outside of homw, I get to meet other mums and most of all the kids know that I am around in the school grounds, which helps to alleviate any worries they have about me going.

I went to see them at first break and they were both having a great day.  Rowan realised that he had made some friends last year and was chuffed that a couple of them were in his class.  Reuben was really excited to tell me all about his drawings he had been doing.

At the end of their first day their responses were;
Rowan, ‘It was great!’
Reuben ‘It was mega awesome’

In fact later that day, I heard Reuben talking to himself, “Wow, my first day at school was awesome, I loved it, I made so many friends!”  Bless him

So day 2 went just as well, Rowan is really loving it and talks about all the stuff he has been doing.  Reuben also seems to loving it, but it it harder to work out from him what he has been doing.
He is finding it really tiring and is getting grouchy quite a lot earlier than normal in the evening!

This morning was day 3 and Reuben was very shocked to see his uniform in his daytime bag, “Mummy, do I have to go to school every day?”  Rowan explained to him “Yes, everyday except Saturday and Sundays”.

So even though Reuben is enjoying being around so many other children, he is finding it tiring.  He was a bit upset this morning when I left.  I think he is just exhausted, he is one of the youngest there :(

As for their teachers, Rowans teacher is lovely, she is an older lady, who has been there for a long time, but she is great.  As soon as she introduced herself to Rowan (down at his level) and he said he was Rowan, she replied, ‘So you haven’t lived here long have you?’  and she knew exactly who he was.  She seems to be very attentive to each child.
Reubens teacher seems nice, but quite flustered a lot of the time, but it is the first week (I think I would be flustered with 25 kids to look after!).  She has, however, already told him off for making his weird grunty, snorty noise! Which he wasn’t too pleased about :(

One more day this week, then a whole weekend to spend together :)


The boys and proud Dad

Aren't my boys just beautiful

Funny boy

This is Reuben's nice face!

You have to have more silly ones than nice ones apparently!

Reuben after day 2, asleep on the hall floor!

1 comment:

  1. lovely pic's and glad they are settling in. Don't think I mentioned it when chatting the other day but Kailen has his name down for Kehelland.

    ReplyDelete